30 April 2008

burning the midnight oil





i was up all night(and i almost slept all day~lol). i didn't get into bed until 0430 this morning. i was down in my scrap room working on some new projects. when i finally emerged from down there i discovered, upon looking at the clock on the stove, that it was after 4 am.
so let me tell you about this card. i learned how to create this tri-fold pocket card from a tutorial at splitcoast stampers . it's by beate johns. you should check out that site, if you haven't. there are truly brilliant and creative ideas available there and awesome women to become friends with! i'm still not sure what this card will be for, so i haven't put any sentiments or anything on it. it's still a work in progress, i guess. i used the silhouette creative basics b&t paper, desert sand cs, and the ribbon included in the creative basics pack. i am in love with the silhouette line of papers. close to my heart never ceases to amaze me with the new paper designs they come up with each season. i used the boho blossoms punch (you can purchase that punch through my lovely friend dawn rapsas) to make the flower. i did paper piercing, corner rounder scalloping and distressing techniques, as well, to complete the look of the card. let me know what you think. thanks for looking! abrazos,
bella
p.s. i actually took these pics with my cellphone; seems not much better than my scanner! :0/

1 comment:

judy anderson said...

I like this but I already said that on SCS.