05 August 2008

have i mentioned...


how much fun i had at convention?! oh my goodness, i'm still riding high on the great excitement that carried me through! i will have to share a few more things with you!

my major faux pas:
1. not wearing better shoes~ i only had my dress shoes and boots
2. no band-aids for blisters on my feet~ my boots scraped skin off the back of my feet!
3. not taking my rolling tote to hold the heavy stuff until the last day!
4. not putting my upline and unit sisters' phone numbers in my cellphone before i left for convention the first day(i totally thought i did, but in my anticipation i must've forgot)
5. not having enough gum or breath mints for after lunch~not everyone ate the garlicky food so i felt self conscious with just having certs!
6. not saving enough money to shop at memento mall the first day

some great things i learned stampin' up! has in store for the world:
1. stampin' up! will have a 20+ page spread in country living magazine! look for that this december!
2. stampin' up! will have the 3m(scotch brand tape) products in most stores really soon so that the public can learn of stampin' up! through the projects included on their 3m products and try to contact demonstrators!
3. stampin' up! teamed up with sizzix to have an exclusive big shot! the dies are to die for!
4. stampin' up! will look into expanding the market in mexico, central and south america(we already have puerto rico!) once they see how well the celebrando creatividad idea book and catalog supplement does! celebrando creatividad is our new idea book and catalog supplement solely in spanish! it contains exclusive stamp sets that are not in english as well as certain english sets in spanish! if you'd like to have a copy of that new addition to stampin' up!'s catalog line please write me a comment. it's just $4 to reserve your copy! you will be able to order from celebrando creatividad starting monday 11 august 2008.
5. all of the new stamp sets in the fall/winter idea book & catalog will be die-cut! sets that still had to be trimmed in the spring/summer idea book & catalog will still need to be trimmed but all new sets will be die-cut and you'll see a note telling you which sets are die-cut as well as available in spanish! you don't want to miss out on getting a copy of that idea book & catalog!
6. the decor element's phase two is going to rock your world! they are awesome!

some fun things i did in and out of the convention hall:
1. i made so many new friends~yes, me! the agoraphobe~i made friends! woo hoo!
2. had a fun outing to the riverton campus/stampin' up! headquarters
3. had a fabulous outing to dear lizzie's in alpine, utah with my unit
4. had a fantastico dinner at buca di beppo with my unit the last night of convention
5. attended the awards night show~i know what i'm striving for now so i can walk across the stage next year!
6. made great make-n-takes( i'll post pics soon)
7. ate fabulously delicious lunches that were provided to us from our convention registration fee
8. i stayed with my friend micki a few times at her hotel room and chatted!

my major do rights!
1. i took a smile with me everyday!
2. i took out the things i wouldn't need on certain days so i could lighten the load of my convention bag
3. i took meticulous notes in my classes so i'd have fun things to share with you all and remember the awesome things i learned to be an even better creative coach!
4. i gave myself positive self-talk so i could help curb my anxiety and make it through convention with the other 5,999 attendees
5. i had a gracious attitude so i could have lots of great things come to me~isn't it during the times we are so completely humble that we learn and gain such great things?!
6. i wore comfortable but professional looking clothes

i love you guys! thank you for supporting my blog! please let me know what you think!
abrazos,
bella

No comments: